小川移山 Ogawa Izan
“Sectional Images” is my coined word, and it means “a momentary phenomenon/representation in which space-time is embraced.”
Time flows with space every moment, and momentary phenomena change as a result of dependent origination. It was May in 2015. The moment I started drawing a spiral by dropping Sumi ink liquid on Repel paper (synthetic paper), I felt that the momentary phenomenon created by the spiral was the accumulation of the past, present, and future, including time and space.Read more...I named one cut "Sectional image", and since then, it has become my lifework.
2019.7.22. OGAWA Izan
小川移山 Ogawa Izan
Time flows with space every moment, and momentary phenomena change as a result of dependent origination. It was May in 2015. The moment I started drawing a spiral by dropping Sumi ink liquid on Repel paper (synthetic paper), I felt that the momentary phenomenon created by the spiral was the accumulation of the past, present, and future, including time and space.Read more...
2019.7.22. OGAWA Izan
- OGAWA Izan
- 1946 Born OGAWA Masaharu in Nasu Kashiyama City, Tochigi Prefecture.
- 1968 Private calligraphy school opened. Current expression class
- 2005 That he met painter Kaoru Tanaka made him aimed for contemporary art
- 2016- Start of creation of lifework "Sectional Images" work using Repel paper
- 1986 Bankou Exhibition Suiken Award (calligraphy) / East Japan Calligraphy Exhibition Associate Grand Prize
- 1987 Bankou Exhibition Senshikai Award (calligraphy), etc.
- Calligrapher / Artist / Expression educator / Representative of Shoshin Gakusha / Unaffiliated
- Member of Saitama International Association / CCSC Director / Musashi University
- Solo Exhibitions
- 1987 ~ 2013 Izan exhibition 1 ~ 19
- Saitama: Tokorozawa Civic Gallery / Pond des Artistes (Tokorozawa) / Chigado (Tokorozawa)
- Tokyo: ORIE Art Gallery (Tokyo Aoyama) / Gallery Miyasaka (Tokyo Ginza) / DieDryFalken (Tokyo Mitaka)
- The Czech Republic / Prague: Office of the President of the Republic / Town Hall Tower / Japanese Restaurant MIYABI
- 2015 Izan exhibition20 “Painter's mind” (ORIE Art Gallery, Aoyama, Tokyo)
- 2016 Izan exhibition21 "Bodhisattvas of the Earth" (d-lab gallery, Saitama Iruma)
- 2016 Izan exhibition22 "Sectional Images 2016" (Iriya Gallery, Tokyo Iriya)
- 2017 Izan exhibition23 "Sectional Images 2017" (d-lab gallery, Saitama Iruma)
- 2018 Izan exhibition24 "Sectional Images 2018 - Red, Black and Flowers" (d-lab gallery, Saitama Iruma)
- 2018 Izan exhibition25 "Sectional Images 2018 part2" (Iriya Gallery, Iriya, Tokyo)
- 2018 Izan exhibition26 "Sectional Images 2018 part3 - Where" (Gallery Rinowa, Tokyo National)
- 2018 Izan exhibition27 "Sectional Images 2018 part4 -Narrative" (Inariyama Archives, Saitama)
- 2019 Izan exhibition28 "Sectional Images 2019 Yes or No part1" (d-lab gallery, Saitama Iruma)
- 2019 Izan exhibition29 "Sectional Images 2019 Yes or No part2" (Gallery Art Point, Tokyo Ginza)
- Group Exhibitions
- Saitama: Shoshin Exhibition (Tokorozawa Muse) / RENGA (Amigo / Iruma) / Sakai Exhibition (Kinujin / Hanno) / Gate Exhibition (Sengado / Tokorozawa) etc.
- Tokyo: Renga (Art Front Gallery, Daikanyama) / A moment in everyday life (Isa Homes Komazawa Housing, Meguro)
- Czech Republic: Japanese Culture Exhibition (Prague City Museum) / Wood Event (Krivoklato Castle) / BONSAI 2006 (Czech National Museum Toyokan / Prague), etc.
- 2011 Painting Now / Art Cafe (Iruma City Museum / Saitama) / Artcom (Saitama Prefectural Museum of Modern Art)
- 2014 Spring Art Festa (Iruma City Culture Creation Atelier Amigo / Saitama)
- 2015 "I / I / I" (collaboration with Shin Myongho, Omotesando Gallery, Tokyo Harajuku)
- 2016 Spring Art Festa (Iruma City Culture Creation Atelier Amigo / Saitama)
- 2018/2019 Calligrapher's Abstract Expression Exhibition II III (Galley Shimon / Tokyo Ginza)
- Shoshin Exhibition (Private School Exhibition)
- 1971 ~ (Tokyo Ginza Kyukyodo / Tokorozawa Muse / Nerima Cultural Center / etc.)
- Custom Order Production
- The Peninsula Tokyo / Joan Miyaji no Sato / Ito Kowakien / Kyoto Hotel / Chinzanso / etc.
- Cultural Exchanges
- Czech Republic (1997-) / Nepal Kingdom (2000) / Elderly welfare facility calligraphy class (2005-)